[TriLUG] Thinkpad T21 : removable floopy vs. removable cdrom

Glen Ford gford at responsible.com
Fri Aug 24 15:50:52 EDT 2001

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Glen Ford wrote:
> >
> > I am running RedHat 7.1 kernel 2.4.3 on an IBM Thinkpad T21.
>
> Off this particular, I have just been considering buying a T21.
> Are you, Linux, and the T21 all a happy family?
> --
> #ken    P-)}
>
> Ken Coar, Sanagendamgagwedweinini  http://Golux.Com/coar/
>
> "All right everyone!  Step away from the glowing hamburger!"
It is a little early to give you a definitive answer. I have been using
T21/linux for about two weeks.  What I can say is:
	- redhat 7.1 loaded fine.
	- kernel upgrade to 2.4.3 worked fine
	- apm seems to work.  I have not used power management for any time
greater than 10 minutes
	- I went from 6.2 to 7.1, so there were things I had not expected:
		- xinetd
		- dig instead of nslookup
	- Coverted my ipchains to iptables.
	- my php/mysql combo got upgraded and "things" did not work quite
right. I mucked around with rebuilding php-4.0.4pl1
	- I am die hard fvwm user, so took some time to get that to my liking.
	- Vmware works fine.  Although I am currently trying to get samba to
work.

/Glen
--
Glen Ford