[TriLUG] MailMan

Jeff Baldwin jeff_baldwin at unc.edu
Fri Aug 24 16:24:28 EDT 2001

Jeremy - Thanks for the quick reply :-)

Here is my setup...

I am running several virtual hosts on my server.
My MTA is PostFix.

/etc/postfix/aliases

## engarde mailing list
## created: 24-Aug-2001 baldwinj
jeff:                 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post jeff"
jeff-admin:           "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner jeff"
jeff-request:         "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd jeff"
jeff-owner:            jeff-admin

/etc/postfix/virtual

mill92.cep.unc.edu      VIRTUALDOMAIN

jeff at mill92.cep.unc.edu               list-jeff-mill92.cep.unc.edu
jeff-admin2 at mill92.cep.unc.edu        list-jeff-mill92.cep.unc.edu
jeff-request2 at mill92.cep.unc.edu      list-jeff-mill92.cep.unc.edu
jeff-owner at mill92.cep.unc.edu         list-jeff-mill92.cep.unc.edu

** This is what I am seeing in /home/mailman/logs/subscribe

[root at mill96 logs]# cat /home/mailman/logs/subscribe
Aug 24 16:13:02 2001 (24130) jeff: pending jeff_baldwin at unc.edu  152.2.72.95

Any ideas???

Thanks  Again

Jeff

--On Friday, August 24, 2001 3:55 PM -0400 jeremyp at pobox.com wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Jeff Baldwin wrote:
>
>> Hello Guys/Gals -
>>
>> Anyone familiar with MailMan?  I have a weird problem.  Users can go
>> to my list, subscribe, receive a message to confirm that "they really
>> want to subscribe" , but it ends there, the user replies.. as
>> instructed.  But then never receives a confirmation that they were
>> successfully added or how to post.  And in the Admin interface I go to
>> "cleanup pending users" but it says no users pending.  However in
>> /home/mailman/logs/subscribe I see the test accounts that I created as
>> "pending".  Any ideas?  I'm very new to Mailman, so I'm just plain
>> lost :-).
>

> Have you made the aliases correctly in your MTA?  In sendmail, after
> adding them to /etc/aliases, remember to run "newaliases".  Is the list
> itself working with users you add manually?
>
> Also you might check the MTA's logs (like /var/mail/maillog for RH's
> sendmail) to see if the mail is properly being delivered to mailman.
>
> --Jeremy

Jeff Baldwin
Computer Consultant II
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill

Phone:  (919) 966-0096
Fax:    (919) 966-0042
E-Mail: jeff_baldwin at unc.edu