[TriLUG] MailMan

Jeff Baldwin jeff_baldwin at unc.edu
Fri Aug 24 17:48:16 EDT 2001

I'm running the latest version... 2.0.6.  I think I'm narrowing my problem
down though.  All of the sites that I host are "virtual hosts" ... when I
create a list.. it is always "tied" to the FQDN of my server.. is there
anyway to tell mailman to create a list for a virtual host?

Thanks

Jeff

--On Friday, August 24, 2001 5:34 PM -0400 Chris Hedemark
<chris at yonderway.com> wrote:

>> Hello Guys/Gals -
>>
>> Anyone familiar with MailMan?  I have a weird problem.  Users can go to
>> my list, subscribe, receive a message to confirm that "they really want
>> to subscribe" , but it ends there, the user replies.. as instructed.  But
> then
>> never receives a confirmation that they were successfully added or how to
>> post.  And in the Admin interface I go to "cleanup pending users" but it
>> says no users pending.  However in /home/mailman/logs/subscribe I see the
>> test accounts that I created as "pending".  Any ideas?  I'm very new to
>> Mailman, so I'm just plain lost :-).
>
> I saw stuff like this with older versions of Mailman.  What version are
> you running?  This sounds like something that was fixed.

Jeff Baldwin
Computer Consultant II
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill

Phone:  (919) 966-0096
Fax:    (919) 966-0042
E-Mail: jeff_baldwin at unc.edu