[TriLUG] sendmail clarification

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Aug 24 23:45:51 EDT 2001

There is one particular timeout that you may want to increase.  You can
increase the amount of time that you will allow for an open connection that
is not actively talking.  There is an entry in the Sendmail FAQ about this.

Increasing this timeout will help if the noqueue problem is due to an
overworked Sendmail server which makes the connection to your server, but
stalls out trying to deliver the data.

Good Luck!

Jon