[TriLUG] Book recommndation for newbie

Justin Johnson drj at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 5 12:16:45 EDT 2001

I am fairly new to the Unix / Linux OSs, and need to get a
recommendation on a good book to buy for reference. I am running RedHat
7.1 on Intel, and would prefer something specific to that distro.  My
more immediate needs are setting up my linux box to print to an HP
Laserjet on a NT Server, and setting up  (I'm guessing here) Samba so
that I can share  / transfer files between Win and Lin machines on the
network. I went to Barnes and Nobles last night and saw the usual
"Mastering Red ...7.1", "Red...7.1 Unleashed", "Rehat7.1 Bible", etc,
but don't know which to buy.

I know this is a subjective request, however I would rather have
somenones opinion than no info at all.

Thanks