[TriLUG] Book recommndation for newbie

Fred Stutzman stutzman at email.unc.edu
Wed Sep 5 12:23:58 EDT 2001

Unix System's Administrator Handbook by Nemeth, Snyder, Seebass, and Hein
is an excellent choice.

The downside is it is expensive (68 I think but you can get it for less at
fatbrain.com) and is written for people of a higher intellect than those
reaching for 'Redhat linux for complete idiots'. ;) (wait, is that really
a downside? i guess my point is that is is not just a beginner's book)

The upside is 1,2,3 years down the road you will still use this book the
most out of any Unix Admin books, and thank yourself every time for buying
it.

Fred