[TriLUG] network installation

Fred Stutzman stutzman at email.unc.edu
Thu Sep 6 13:21:40 EDT 2001

you would need to use samba to mount your cdrom as a window share.  i am
not familiar with any distribution that supports smb mounted
installs.  if you have fast internet access, you could do a ftp install
from any of mandrake's mirrors (i suggest jungle.metalab.unc.edu ;).  if
you dont have fast internet access, you can set up a ftp server on your
windows machine and do a ftp install over your lan.

fred