[TriLUG] A little off topic

rpjday rpjday at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 7 15:20:45 EDT 2001

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Justin Johnson wrote:

> rpjday wrote:
>
> > the issue
> > is whether the federal government has the power to tell microsoft
> > to *stop* *breaking* *the* *law*.
>
> No,  in my opinion the issue is that the Federal govenmet needs to quite
> telling business' how to operate.

  and as i have already pointed out, *your* opinion is particularly
nonsensical since the government has *every* right to tell microsoft
how to operate if they are breaking the law.

> > i am thoroughly tired of people who, apparently without a clue, keep
> > harping on how the government should get off microsoft's case, leave
> > them alone, stop telling them how to run their business, etc, etc.
> > blah blah...
>
> I guess this gets back to my not having a clue, nor am I allowed to have an
> opinion I guess.

  one of my favorite authors, harlan ellison, once said (and i
paraphrase):

  "people keep telling me that everyone's entitled to their opinion.
nonsense.  anyone can *have* an opinion.  however, you are only
*entitled* to an educated and informed opinion."

> > the issue now before the courts is -- what should the punishment be?
> > that's what you get when you *break* *the* *law*.  is this starting
> > to make any sense?
>
> Again, no. Please COME OVER and explain it to me directly.

  what is this obsession you have with personal confrontation?  come on,
dude, this is intellectual sparring, mano-a-mano -- the best argument
wins.  when you don't have the facts on your side, do you always resort
to calling someone out?  (don't get me angry.  you wouldn't like me
when i'm angry.)

> > bitching and moaning that there aren't better alternatives to MS
> > products really gets the whole concept of cause-and-effect backwards.
>
> If you say so...

snappy comeback.  did you think of it all by yourself?

> I'm sorry I expressed my opinion in this public place. I'm sorry you had to
> read my idiotic post. I'm sorry that MS has caused you so much pain. And I'm
> sorry that your such a little person that you have to resort to flaming me
> in a public and disrespectful way, simply because my opinions and ideas
> differ from yours.

hey, you post in a public forum, at least be man enough to defend what
you post in the same place, and quit crying.  sheesh.

rday

p.s.  i will refrain from eviscerating your silliness regarding interstate
commerce as others have already beaten me to it.  pity.