[TriLUG] Moving to area

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Sun Sep 9 07:25:03 EDT 2001

On Sunday 09 September 2001 09:55 pm, you wrote:
> Ken wrote:
> > I am new to the list and am in the process of moving to Chapel Hill
> > from Los Angeles.  I was just wondering if anyone knows of any
> > companies looking for a good IT manager with Linux and web experince?
>
> Ken, welcome to this area.  But your timing is bad.  The job market here is
> in the toilet.

I have to agree.  I wouldn't move to the Triangle area at the moment without
at least a few solid leads.

I'm employed, and I help with the technical side of interviews for my team.
The candidate pool in this area at the moment is top notch since a bunch of
start-ups and a few big tech companies (like Nortel) had massive layoffs in
the last twelve months.  In the course of about two months, we went from
scrounging for minimally talented candidates to rejecting half a dozen
perfectly qualified candidates for every position my team had open.

My company's home office might still have open positions, but they're in
Spokane, WA. :)

Good luck with your move,
---Tom