[TriLUG] DMCA II - Electric Boogaloo

rpjday rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 10 11:47:55 EDT 2001

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Jonathan Magid wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Paul Jones wrote:
>
> > you can and should write your senators and tell them what you think.
> > http://edwards.senate.gov/mailform.html
> > http://helms.senate.gov/Constituent/Contact/webform2/webform2.html
>
> Here's a sample letter. I wrote and sent this to both Helms and Edwards.
> You're welcome to use it as a basis for your own letter. I reccomend
> customizing it to some extent, as a several unique letters on an issue,
> are considered more important than a number of obviously identical
> messages:

first, we should all read carefully the text of the proposed legislation.
try www.politechbot.com/docs/hollings.090701.html as a starting point.

then, i'd be interested in knowing just how such legislation would
be *implemented*, and who would bear the cost.  this whole bill sounds
like a wish list by someone who has no idea of the difficulty of
implementation.

rday

--
Robert P. J. Day
Eno River Technologies, Durham NC

Microsoft:  Committed to putting the "backward" into "backward compatibility."