[TriLUG] wxWindows anyone?

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Tue Sep 11 08:51:46 EDT 2001

Sinner from the Prairy [sinner_prairy at hotmail.com] wrote:
> >On 10 Sep 2001 at 15:38 (-0400), Sinner from the Prairy wrote:
>
> >| Wanting to do the impossible, I was thinking on using wxWindows widget
> >| libraries (www.wxwindows.org) , develop on Linux  and send the code to be
> >| compiled by the hiring company.
>
> >compiled? eek.  could you use an interpreted language such as python?
>
> No. Not really. Performance it is an issue here. as well an existing pool of
> code.

Besides wxWindows, FLTK may be one to look at...
http://www.fltk.org/

It's a nice set of widgets and framework stuff that is cross-platform.
I've been seeing a lot of discussion of using it on the PDA Linux
distros because it's very fast and lightweight.

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/