[TriLUG] About the SSSCA....

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Tue Sep 11 09:10:48 EDT 2001

So today, I made some phone calls, as "Chair of the Triangle Linux
User's Group"

First up, Senator Helms (202-224-6342) : I spoke with one of his
representatives, outlines what I/we felt were the bad points of this
legislation (Economic impact, monopolistic position of the providers,
free speach), and got some more info. Her words :
Fax this to the senator's office.

Next up Edwards (202-224-3154): I get to explain who I am, and what I
am against, and that's it.

We can tell who's new and who isn't *grin*.

At the moment, I have asked the SC to draft a letter I can send on
y'all's behalf. That's right - something I can say represents the
entire group (small though we are). if anyone has some ideas (and we
already have the similar letters posted here to work with) on what the
letter should contain, please forward it to *ME* (chair at trilug.org)
and I'll make sure our concerns are addressed.

Look ma, we're going political *grin*

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  New email : alchemist at darkcanvas.com  --
--  http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist  --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
  -- Berkley Breathed, 2001