[TriLUG] About the SSSCA....

Rev. Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Tue Sep 11 11:13:05 EDT 2001

Kevin wrote:
> So today, I made some phone calls, as "Chair of the Triangle Linux
> User's Group"

Thanks, Kevin.  I wonder if the chilly reception you got may have something
to do with the terrorist attacks today, and that all of the senior senators
have been taken to "secure facilities".  Right now I'd have to imagine that
any business in front of the senate will be set aside while our legislators
cave in to terrorism and start considering putting troops in the street,
further invasions of privacy, etc.

Sorry for going OT but this is some pretty serious stuff that went down
today.  If you haven't heard yet, a number of large commercial jets were
hijacked this morning and crashed into strategic terrorist targets.  Both of
the world trade center towers are totally obliterated.  The pentagon was
hit, and damage is still being assessed.  Another plane went down, likely
short of its target, about 80 miles outside of Pittsburgh, PA.  Yet another
jet is currently being intercepted by F16's in the skies over Washington,
D.C.  The White House, Capitol Hill, and all federal office buildings in
D.C. (if not the northeast corridor as a whole) have been evacuated.

I think our legislators are worrying about bigger fish than the SSSCA right
now.  :-(