[TriLUG] backup to a remote tape drive

jeremyp at pobox.com jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Sep 13 11:27:20 EDT 2001

Hi Michael,

I've had good luck with a backup program called "Arkeia".  I'm sure you
can do what you need without it, but Arkeia makes things pretty easy to
configure, once you learn their language a bit.

See http://www.arkeia.com/
The program is commerical, but you can use it in your situation for free.

--Jeremy

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Michael S Czeiszperger wrote:

> I've been struggling with this for a couple of days, and now have to humbly
> admit I need advice. I've been trying to write some backup scripts for a
> Travan 20G tape drive. The system config is I need to back up from one
> machine with IDE drives to another machine with a SCSI tape drive.

[snip]