[TriLUG] Trilug website updates?

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Fri Sep 14 08:05:48 EDT 2001

I was looking for information on the Security and the Windows & Linux talks
(don't we make the content of the talks available online?).  I'm not sure who
is updating the main website http://www.trilug.org/, but some of the
information is out of date or confusing.

On sponsors.html
"Barnes and Noble has agreed to give TriLUG members a 20% discount on all
O'Reilly and Associates books at their Cary, Raleigh and Durham locations."

On topics.html
There's no mention of whether these are past topics, future topics, or
suggested future topics.

On communication.html:
Isn't there a new list for discussing the installs at the charter school and
such?  It isn't mentioned.

On events.html:
The last items are from almost a year ago.  I'm not sure whether that's a bad
thing, but it makes the LUG (or at least the web site) look rather inactive.

The FAQ:
This document doesn't appear to have been updated for over a year.  It
mentions quarterly installfests, but installfest.html onlys lists one back in
May.  Section 3 of the FAQ still points to the old lyris interfaces.

I also couldn't find the booklist, which I thought someone said was now
online on a static page.

Thanks,
---Tom