[TriLUG] UMSDOS Linux installations

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 15:40:07 EDT 2001

>From: "Vestal, Roy L." <rvestal at rti.org>

>I'm trying to find a UMSDOS installation of Linux that will allow to the
>FAT
>partition to remain on a Windows 9x partition.  I've tried ArmedLinux (RH
>install) and DragonLinux(Slackware install) and ZIPSLACK(Slackware's
>install).  I cannot get a new kernel to compile correctly on this laptop
>with these distributions.
>
>Anyone know of this type of distribution that will support PCMCIA out of
>the
>box? None of the above do.

I would give a try to Mandrake 8.0 . Is supports what they call "Lin4Win" or
Linux on FAT partition. It is friendly with laptops and easy to install.

On their site www.mandrake-linux.com check "demo" and "documentation"
sections. And on their CDs, there's also documentation and, IIRC all the
demos as well.

Salut,
Sinner