[TriLUG] earthlink to offer cable option

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Thu Sep 27 07:51:14 EDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 07:11:48AM -0400, rpjday spoke thusly:
>   story in today's n&o, page 1d, reports that earthlink will start
> offering its own high-speed access to triangle residents over
> time warner's cable lines.

Wow! AOL kept it's promise!

>   among other places, it will be available in chatham and orange
> counties, and will cost $41.95 per month, compared to $44.95 for
> tw's roadrunner.  see article for details.  it's nice to see the
> competition.

When reading that, they mean North Chatham - the areas closest to
orange county that already have Time Warner. Those of us south of
Pittsboro, where Cable fears to tread (3 miles from town! You'd think,
but no...) and DSL is a pipe dream, are still stuck on ISDN or 56K.

Although if Time warner said they could give me a cable, I'd be
on it like white on rice. But no digital cable - I just want the high
speed access.

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  New email : alchemist at darkcanvas.com  --
--  http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist  --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
  -- Berkley Breathed, 2001