[TriLUG] Off Topic: Enterprise... +1 - should be -1

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Thu Sep 27 08:09:00 EDT 2001

Are you serious?

Scott Bakula ... -1  Have you ever seen Quantum Leap?  He's a hack!
  He has so little energy...they should have cast him as a Vulcan.

New (old) ship ... -1  hmmmm....take the 1st Enterprise....make it look
  old...real clever.  Did somebody actually get PAID for that?  :(

Sexy aliens ... please...I'm not even going to touch this one

Plot line ... 0  poor...as with most ST

Writing ... 0 (see above)

Music ... -2  Could they have possibly chosen music more dull?
  It sounds like it's from "The feel-good movie of the year".

I, too, was suprised by the premier...it was mildly better than
the trailers indicated...but still average, at best.

Chris

Jon Carnes wrote:
> Scott Bakula ... +1 good replacement for Kirk, he really pulls off those
> cheesy lines
>
> New (old) ship ... +1 good design, stayed with the dual pods.
>
> Sexy aliens ... +1  Oh, yeah!
>
> Plot line ... thin, but then aren't they all?
>
> Writing ... +1 better than any of the other series.
>
> Ensemble cast ... not as good as Next Gen, but pretty good.
>
> Continuity with other series ... +1 they stayed with the major points of
> the other series and didn't worry about any of the contradictions in them.
>
> Overall, I was very surprised by the premire.  All of the series seem to
> start poorly and then grow.  This one started out very good (well a little
> rough, but I thought ScottB really pulled it off).  Hopefully it will only
> get better.

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com