[TriLUG] earthlink to offer cable option

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Thu Sep 27 15:48:43 EDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 02:59:11PM -0400, Jonathan Magid spoke thusly:
> Ah, Kevin- the grass is always greener, isn't it? I live in North Chatham,
> and we get no cable. No cable modem, no cable tv. I've heard that it
> matters what side of 15-501 you live on. To the west, cable city. To the
> east, cable desert.

Actually, the "pipe is always fatter" would be more apt, I think
*smirk*

This is not suprising. The state of High Speed access outside the
major metro areas is appaling. And with ISPs dropping (or dramatically
increasing prices for) ISDN, it is becoming imperitive that we find
some way of bringing it in.

Anyone want ot form an all-lInux ISP co-op in Chatham? Serving
Pittsboro, Siler City, Chapel Hill, and all parts between *grin*

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  New email : alchemist at darkcanvas.com  --
--  http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist  --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
  -- Berkley Breathed, 2001