[TriLUG] Web Usage Tracking...

Christopher Knowles knowlesc at telocity.com
Thu Sep 27 17:36:51 EDT 2001

Once again, I turn to your expertise.

I need to be able to track the web activities of our people.  We already have
a Linux firewall, and thinking that that is a natural choke point, I thought
it would be handy if said software could run on it.  Do I have any choices?

What I'd like to do.

I'd like to be able to give a report to a manager of things that users in his
department are doing.  (by IP address is, of course, acceptable.)

if possible I'd also like real time monitoring capabilities, though this is
just a wish.

I've seen some Windows products that do this sort of thing, but if I enter
web and track in the same search box on freshmeat and the like, I keep
getting web log analyzers, and this is NOT what I want.

As always, thank you for pondering my silly questions.

CJK