[TriLUG] Off Topic: Enterprise... +0.75

Rev. Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Fri Sep 28 14:30:37 EDT 2001

The Other Chris writes:

> Writing:  -10000.  They actually used "We're going in" more than once.
> GRRRR.  it's writing like that that makes people think of Science fiction
> fans as nerds.

Yeah I agree.  The dialogue was really weak at certain points.  The
"straight and steady" catch phrase is disposable, IMHO.

> This premiere was poor.  But I think it was good enough to merit watching.
> It has the potential to have a better story arc than even DSN, which was
> (IMHO) the best plot of the ST shows.

Hrmmmm gotta disagree there.  Time travel episodes were always the most
annoying, and they're building a whole arc around it.

> (And the idea of Vulcan's as obstinate nearly evil people... the idea of
> disciplining a Vulcan... that kept making me feel all weird.)

There is something "off" about the vulcans in this series.  They are way too
arrogant.  Too easy to get a rise out of them.

Reverend Christian J Hedemark II
Hillsborough, NC
http://yonderway.com
"Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
will lose both and deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin