[TriLUG] OT: TiVo

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Fri Sep 28 19:52:18 EDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 06:46:42PM -0400, Ken Mink spoke thusly:
> I have a Radeon All-in-Wonder. It provides all the TiVo functionality,
> TV listings, time shifting, scheduled recordings, etc and no fees or
> phoning home. Yes, Winblows is required for their nifty software.

Actually, I'm looking into a new(er) 3d card, but don't want to loose
my TV In capability.

Hiw dies the Radeon do with XVideo things like xawtv, xine, and
mplayer? How about Mesa & GL things?

Since the Voodoo3/3500 I have now lacks full XVideo support, xawtv is
jumpy, but I can still do the rest with SDL. Xine and mplayer run
Soooo much better with XVideo, though...

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  New email : alchemist at darkcanvas.com  --
--  http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist  --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
  -- Berkley Breathed, 2001