[TriLUG] stollen computer

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 3 13:40:11 EDT 2001

Contact Tech support for the ISP that they attached to, let them know what
is going on.  Get a copy of the police report, and fax it to them.  Provide
them with the times and ip information and have them preserve it - even if
they won't give it out to you.

Tech support at the ISP *should* be able to fax the information to the
police officer assigned to your case.  If they won't, find out who they get
their block of IP's from and go up the line.

If this fails, hire a lawyer, and press charges against the ISP for aiding
and abetting...  You'll start to get results.

Jon