[TriLUG] stolen computer

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 3 21:07:48 EDT 2001

Well, legally speaking anyone who "receives stolen goods" can be charged
with a crime and is almost as guilty as the person who stole it. Yeah, I
know it's unfair, but it happens.
In fact, the goods can go through any number of  people's hands and each
person who owns them can be charged with "receiving stolen goods".  Welcome
to the U.S. legal system.