[TriLUG] NSA offers secure linux

Matt Jezorek matt at bluelinux.org
Fri Oct 5 09:01:19 EDT 2001

I dont know if anyone is familiar with this. But what it is a series of
patches that patch the kernel and a few other things like vixe cron
fileutils and a few other programs. So you still need a host operating
system. It is nice and they did finally build it into kernel modules I
believe (that is what they were talking about doing the last time I spoke
with the nsa about it) We are intending to incorporate there patches into
Blue Linux which they are okay with in fact they supported us 100% when we
said we wanted to. Its a great system and I think combined with rsbac or
other systems it will make a very secure system. I dont know if anyone has
heard of GR Security http://www.getrewted.net/grsecurity/FEATURES but they
have some nice kernel patches as well that are supposed to stop DOS and a
few other vulnerabilities.

-Matt