[TriLUG] Subjects for "Kernel 101"

acoliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 8 12:50:16 EDT 2001

Thanks for the suggestion,

I think that a discussion on both ext3 and reiser would be awesome!  I'm
particularly interested in speed as the big ol HPUX journalling filesystems
that I'm more familiar with left something to be desired as far as
performance..

That being said, I'm not sure its handled best in a Kernel 101 discussion.
I'm definately sure I'd be a better audience than presenter on ext3 or
reiserFS.  Please suggest this to the board for a future discussion as I'd
love to see it.  Since I'm a pretty conservative administrator (even on my
home computers), I'll probably have to live vicariously through others for
awhile till they mature :-( .

-Andy