[TriLUG] Sawfish and RH 7.1

James Oden joden at eworld.wox.org
Tue Oct 9 11:49:38 EDT 2001

> jeremyp at pobox.com [jeremyp at pobox.com] wrote:
>
> > RPM is a great tool and it's not too hard to build your own packages and
> > use source RPMs... maybe RPM is a possible talk topic for the future?
> > I'm not volunteering though.  :)
>
> Well, I don't know how well I'd do in front of a crowd (not much of a
> public speaker), but I've certainly done way too much RPM building, so
> I'd be willing to put together a talk on working with and building RPMs.

That would be very cool.  Also, are you interested in lending hand with
Open Source project to build RPM's for it?  I have been wanted to build an
RPM for my Tech Tracker app, for a long time but just have not had time to
devote to learning how to build one (also, it would be a more complicated
RPM than just laying down some files as it would have to build a database
or update it if necessary).  Figured I would ask.

Cheers...james