[TriLUG] meeting tonight

acoliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 11 08:38:39 EDT 2001

Hey all,

I was up till 1:00 trying to get a kernel build on Jon's laptop.  Wasn't
having any trouble other than there is nooooo way to demo that in an hour
and a half (it took about that long to run make dep).  I tried it on my
laptop (which has a defunct keyboard), but RH 7.1's kernel didn't like its
pci or pcmcia bus (wasn't clear to me which it was complaining about).  I'd
have installed a different kernel but I'd have to have at least network
access to do that now wouldn't I?

Sooo.  I packed up my PC this morning and stuck it in the trunk of my
rentacar.  Hopefully it is still alive and well.  (I think it takes only a
matter of minutes)

Here is what I have:  PC, KB, MOUSE (wireless on both because the ones they
have in the meeting room are not good things).

I'm assuming they have a monitor cable/network cable or that kevin does in
"the big box."

The only potential problem I forsee is that I've got the thing jacked up to
like 1600x1200 or higher (21 inch monitor at home), hopefully X will figure
itself out otherwise we'll have a presentation on configuring X.
Its possible I disabled low resolutions when I installed rh 71.

I'll be coming early to sit in the parking lot and wait for whomever comes
to unlock the door.

Worst case, I brought Jon's laptop, too, so at least I could do the slides.

Thanks,

Andy