[TriLUG] Icecast.conf and debian

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Sat Oct 13 05:03:41 EDT 2001

On Saturday 13 October 2001 07:33 pm, you wrote:
> Folks-
>
> I'm trying to get icecast running on a debian machine, but having one
> rather basic problem: all the icecast docs refer to an icecast.conf file,
> but I can't find it on the machine or get an idea of where it's supposed
> to go. Any hints? It's debian potato 2.2r3 and the latest .deb of icecast.

I have no idea, but there's one way to find out.  Run the program under
strace like so

strace -f -o prog.trace program arg1 arg2

You'll then have a trace of the system calls made when running
"program arg1 arg2" in prog.trace.  Look for the "open" system
call or the "icecast.conf" filename.  You'll see every directory
it looks for the file and in what order it searches those directories.

---Tom