[TriLUG] kapm-idled

Daniel T. Chen crimsun at email.unc.edu
Sat Oct 13 14:22:27 EDT 2001

It's harmless, though in many cases it does cause cpus to run a bit hotter
than if the process weren't running. Pass in the LILO parameter Marc
mentioned (append="apm=off") if you're extremely worried about your
desktop system(s).

As a side note, Alan Cox has mentioned that APM is really broken in Linux
2.4 currently. Watch his tree for fixes.

---
Dan Chen                 crimsun at email.unc.edu
GPG key: www.cs.unc.edu/~chenda/pubkey.gpg.asc