[TriLUG] Icecast.conf and debian

Andrew Perrin aperrin at email.unc.edu
Mon Oct 15 09:39:30 EDT 2001

Thanks to all who answered. What I found out is that, as sometimes
happens, debian's "stable" icecast-server package is somewhat out of date,
and the configuration setup has changed. Rather than bother with that, I
ended up building the latest (1.3.0) from source, which was about as easy
as it could be: tar xzvf, cd, configure, make, make install.  According to
debian policy, I installed in /usr/local/icecast, the conf file is in
/usr/local/icecast/conf, and it all works beautifully.

Andy Perrin

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin at unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA