[TriLUG] different versions of 7.2 for sale

prhodes at vdsinc.com prhodes at vdsinc.com
Tue Oct 23 07:20:52 EDT 2001

> IBM has something like this.  Their "red books" are a treasure that I
think
> is up on the same level as the O'Reilly books.

They do have some good stuff.  No doubt.

> But you can only get them through IBM, I think.  It's a shame that they
aren't marketed
> to a wider audience.

Not completely true.  You can get at least some IBM Red Books through
Amazon.com.  Check out
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=books&field-author=IBM%20Redbooks/104-6053255-7639103
for more info.

The unfortunate thing is, the ones they put on Amazon, really aren't
"cheap."  Most of them are priced in exactly the same range as any other
books.. from 35.00 up to 60 or 70+.

The good news is, a lot ( maybe all, I'm not really sure ) of IBM Red Books
are actually available online in HTML and PDF format, for free.  Anybody
who is interested, check out www.redbooks.ibm.com.  There's some really
interesting stuff there.

TTYL,

Phillip Rhodes
Application Designer
Voice Data Solutions
919-571-4300 x225
prhodes at vdsinc.com

Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
will lose both and deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it.
Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can
exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their
revolutionary right to overthrow it.  - Abraham Lincoln

No citizen shall be denied the right to bear arms, if as a last resort, to
protect themselves from tyranny in Government. - Thomas Jefferson