[TriLUG] Help for newer user - Ray Bordt

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 11:19:31 EDT 2001

>From: Bill Vinson <billvinson at nc.rr.com>

>Ray Bordt came to our last meeting and he is trying to get Mandrake all
>set up to his liking.  He called me last night and this morning and has
>managed to get Mandrake installed, but can't seem to get back to Windows
>to post his question on the list.  Not sure what is going on where he
>can't see a boot loader.  I don't know what Mandrake uses as it has been
>a year or so since I tried it last and that was for about 24 hours
>before I went back to Debian :)  I figured I would try to point him in
>the direction of someone who knew Mandrake.  He has no ability to get
>online now, so you may feel free to call him at 782-8914.
>
>He also needs help with 3 things I never mess with:
>
>1. Setting up an internal non-winmodem for dial in to Earthlink.
>Pretty sure Mandrake has a tool for this, just don't know what.
>2. Setting up a LaserJet 4 printer
>Pretty sure Mandrake has a tool for this, just don't know what.
>3. Possibly getting emacs installed although I don't know why ;)
>
>Thanks,
>Bill

Hi Bill,

When can he be contacted? I have a pretty good experience with Mandrake.
Where is he from? PRobably I can help him.

I got an e-mail form him this alst week-end asking for a phone-call. Well,
my weekend was pretty busy so I answered to him by e-mail.

Today I go back home early. Any chance he is living near Chapel Hill?

I can  probably fix the dual boot thingy.  Last time I used a modem was
1997, but I can try. And I have never used Emacs.  Probably vim and/or
Kdevelop will do the trick for him *grin*.

Salut,
Sinner