[TriLUG] different versions of 7.2 for sale]

Beth Ellison leonardbernst55 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:00:15 EDT 2001

>Anyway, I hope that sufficently elaborates what I meant by 'intellectual
>dishonesty'.

Man, does it ever. And then some!

I would love to be involved in some of the meetings where marketing and
upper management types talk about these things. Somehow, the idea of being
totally honest and straightforward, even if this involves admitting failures
or shortcomings, gets lost in the business world. I'd find it refreshing to
hear someone say "Well we tried and this is where we messed up/fell short
and we'll keep plugging away until we get it right" rather than puffing up
and saying "We meant to do that" when that's obviously a lie. The former
just seems so much more free software & open source-esque, doesn't it? Or is
that terribly naive of me?