[TriLUG] Graphical Grub

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 24 09:00:24 EDT 2001

>From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace at wayfarer.org>

>Greetings everyone,

>I understand that the new Redhat uses Grub as its default
>boot loader.  I also understand that it has added a patch to
>grub to allow it to operate in a graphical mode.  I would like
>to try this out on my mandrake system, and have found the appropriate
>patches from the src rpm files in order to compile graphical
>grub.  What I am missing, however, is a good example configuration
>file that shows just how the graphical mode of grub works.  I was
>wondering if anyone out there who has installed the latest version
>of Redhat would mind sharing their configuration file.  It should
>be called /boot/grub/menu.lst (although, I think that redhat
>may have changd it to /boot/grub/grub.conf).  If anyone would
>mind posting a working (in graphical mode, of course) version
>of their configuration file, I would very much appreciate it.

Maybe you would like to install the grub Mandrake package and check by
yourselft the onfiguration files. USe the control center to configure it and
then, check the files.

OR ger the mdk.SRPM package, install and wander around the files.

Also, "man grub" or 2info grub" will help you.

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.geocities.com/sinner_prairy/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.1 - Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Linux Machine # 38068