[TriLUG] different versions of 7.2 for sale]

Matt Jezorek matt at bluelinux.org
Wed Oct 24 16:40:36 EDT 2001

Yes but more and more are switching there servers to Linux while yes this is
a great sign, it still does not have the credibility to move into the
desktop market as much.

Now maybe my language was to harsh about taking the desktop market by storm
but I would like more desktops to be installed.

If Linux is made more friendly toward the desktop and more hardware vendors
would include it in the Operating System choices then more pre-configured
Linux machines will come out. For example my Dad is interested in Linux but
is a new computer user. He is also thinks that if he can not go to CompUSA
or Best Buy and purchase a system pre-installed with Linux then there is no
use to try it. He feels if he "pays for Microsoft licensing" then he should
use it. (He is a stingy kinda guy)

Also it would be nice if more Workstations had Linux on them so that my
employer would allow me to kill win2k on my workstation for Linux since I am
using no applications that I cant replace if I am using any other Operating
System. Except for being forced to use outlook. But there are replacements
for that.

Ohh well

-Matt