[TriLUG] /etc/group

Jeff Bollinger jeff01 at email.unc.edu
Thu Oct 25 08:55:24 EDT 2001

Does anyone have, or feel comfortable sending me an /etc/group file from
a 7.2 install?  I'm having some trouble with Sendmail, and I think it's
related to some tweaking I did to /etc/group.

My Sendmail error is as follows:

Starting sendmail: 451 4.0.0 /etc/sendmail.cf: line 85: fileclass:
cannot open '/etc/mail/local-host-names': Group writable directory
451 4.0.0 /etc/sendmail.cf: line 510: fileclass: cannot open
'/etc/mail/trusted-users': Group writable directory

Thanks,
Jeff

by the way, I think I over tweaked the system, or did something wrong
based on stuff that I was trying out from the book "Securing and
Optimizing Linux" by Gerhard Mourning, a little outdated, but actually
pretty good.

--
Jeff Bollinger
University of North Carolina