[TriLUG] recommendations for mounting NTFS shares under Linux

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 25 11:58:43 EDT 2001

I've never experienced that problem, but then I always mount the drives,
backup the files, and then dismount the drives.  One of my compatriots at
work (Jaimie Livingston) runs Linux on his workstation and samba mounts
shares (and leaves them up).  He doesn't seem to have any problems.

Perhaps this has already been accounted for in the latest versions of
smbmount?