[TriLUG] different versions of 7.2 for sale]

rpjday rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 25 13:37:17 EDT 2001

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, ilan volow wrote:

> I agree with you about the easiness (or lack thereof) of the RH
> install. I made a list of about 20 usability design problems in the
> 7.0 anaconda.

this gives me a chance to gripe about what is one of the most annoying
"features" of most interactive installation/configuration programs,
including red hat linux.

when a dialog pops up that asks clearly a "yes/no" question, what
genius decided to present the user with the choices "ok" and "cancel"??
was something inherently wrong with "yes" or "no"?  was that too
freaking straightforward or what?

i swear, people who design GUIs nowadays are obviously the same
ones who will preface a sentence with "at this particular point
in time ...".

rday

--
Robert P. J. Day
Eno River Technologies, Durham NC

Microsoft:  Committed to putting the "backward" into "backward compatibility."