[TriLUG] different versions of 7.2 for sale]

Jeremy Katz katzj at linuxpower.org
Thu Oct 25 18:35:37 EDT 2001

On Thursday, October 25 2001, rpjday said:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, ilan volow wrote:
> > I agree with you about the easiness (or lack thereof) of the RH
> > install. I made a list of about 20 usability design problems in the
> > 7.0 anaconda.
>
> this gives me a chance to gripe about what is one of the most annoying
> "features" of most interactive installation/configuration programs,
> including red hat linux.
>
> when a dialog pops up that asks clearly a "yes/no" question, what
> genius decided to present the user with the choices "ok" and "cancel"??
> was something inherently wrong with "yes" or "no"?  was that too
> freaking straightforward or what?

Can you give a specific example in anaconda?  I think that for the most
part, we've done a pretty good job of cleaning these up in anaconda.  If
not, bugzilla is your friend :)

Cheers,

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Katz
katzj at redhat.com    	| jlkatz at eos.ncsu.edu
katzj at linuxpower.org	| Developer, NCSU Realm Kit for Red Hat Linux
GPG fingerprint: 367E 8B6B 5E57 2BDB 972A 4D73 C83C B4E8 89FE 392D