[TriLUG] LastFoot.com VNCSERVER

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 26 00:02:41 EDT 2001

As a former employee of Lastfoot.com, I feel I should clarify.  Lastfoot
had no proprietary version of VNC.  It simply used the same version as
everyone else, more or less.  They were working on some way to do secure
connections (not sure if it was using an ssh tunnel or not, to be honest),
but that never came to fruition before they merged with TreLOS and became
NeTraverse (makers of Win4Lin, for all you Windows emulation junkies).

Anything you need to know about VNC can be found here:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

It really is an interesting product, although I'm not sure if there aren't
better remote display technologies out there, such as Tarantella.  It
may be that the others aren't free, but don't quote me on that, either.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer