[TriLUG] LastFoot.com VNCSERVER

T.A. Nguyen ta at iits-usa.com
Fri Oct 26 00:05:31 EDT 2001

Let leave the security out for now. This would be inside the firewall.

The one good thing that was created or used at the lastfoot.com was the
ability to logon on to a KDE desktop with your own user id and password
every time you point your vncbrowser to it.  Much like you are just walk up
the to console and there it is: the logon screen, enter your user id and
password then you have your very own desktop.  Lastfoot.com successfully
delivered that via vncbrowser and inetd serving it just like any other
services.

Example: point your browser to vnc.lastfoot.com:83 for an 800x600 screen,
vnc.lastfoot.com:84 for 1024x768 ...  With inetd kickoff on demand, you
don't have to do a ssh over to the server to start vncserver first.

I manage to use the /usr/bin/kde to kickoff the desktop but I still have to
ssh to the server first to kick off the vncserver.

Lastfoot.com was announced here on this very list.  Unfortunately I did not
have time then to learn their techno.  Any ex employee of lastfoot.com
around????

Regards,
T.A. Nguyen
VP - IT Development