[TriLUG] Games and Games...

D. McLamb dmclamb68 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 28 14:30:41 EST 2001

While we're on the topic. . .

I went to several computer stores this past weekend in Cary, looking in
particular for linux software.  I found Best Buy to have the broadest
selection of linux releases (they had redhat 7.2 and mandrake 8.0 -- but no
mandrake 8.1).  I also found that circuit city had mandrake 8.0 and 7.x (I
believe it was 7.2).

The biggest surprise came to me when I went to Electronics Botique, a store
I rarely visit.  They had several boxed Loki games for linux, most of which
were going for $9.99.

You've started out with a good list of places to visit; I also frequently
visit www.linuxgames.com.  Then again, I'm an idsoftware/Quake3 freak, so
I'm at places like www.gameadmins.com and www.quakeworld.com which cater to
linux and m$.

I'm also running a Quake3 Urban Terror server (www.urbanterror.net) on cable
modem on my home box (ddm.dnsalias.net).

Good luck and let me know if you want to do some linux gaming at some point.

--

Cheers.

D. McLamb
dmclamb68 at hotmail.com