[TriLUG] ___ at mindspring.com____

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 28 22:35:21 EST 2001

Thanks for the links. I'll certainly take a look at them. Incidentally, for
any who might be interested where I got this this "Linux supported-pci
modem", try a local company called "Intrex Computers". They have a store in
Cary and one in Raleigh, I believe (I try to avoid going to Raleigh for
anything since I despise driving in Raleigh). Yes, I  live in the
"concentrated area of re-located yankees" = CARY.
I'm going to re-load Mandrake 8.0 onto a new hard drive and read up on how
to get this modem working on LINUX. I just hated to give up my ISA internal
modem because I know it would work with Linux.

I'm pretty experienced with setting up ISP service on a modem. The main
problem I've had with Linux is getting the OS to recognize the existence of
the internal modem. I've heard that there is a way to disconnect a modem
(without physically removing it!) and to use an external modem. Anyone have
any info about that??