[TriLUG] ___ at mindspring.com____

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Mon Oct 29 08:56:49 EST 2001

Don't forget, with the new PC's coming out, they all have 16550 UARTS
running the COM ports. These will allow 56K/K-FLEX/v.9x type modems to work
EXTERNALLY. Just because WIntel wants to get rid of ISA slots, doesn't mean
you can't have a REAL modem.  Luckily my P-III has ISA slots so my
"sooped-up" Int. Sportster 56K/v.9x and it works FAB under RH 7.2.  Get
49.3k to 115k connects depending on load.

One thing to keep in mind about modem connects, it will be based on your
physical location and the conditions of your phone lines in and outside your
house.