[TriLUG] ___ at mindspring.com____

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 30 08:27:10 EST 2001

>From: "al johson" <alfjon at mindspring.com>

>I've got drawer in my computer so I can put in and remove harddrives to
>switch from the Microsoft world to Linux. The ISA modem worked perfectly
>and
>it was easy to set up my ISP connection. I tried all the Mandrake programs
>on 8.0, including HardDrake, etc. with no luck.

Not the "graphical tools" but the good'ole isapnpdump thing.

There's a HOWTO somewhere where they talk about it. There's a (command line)
program that researchs your ISA bus. You can get this information to write a
ISA configuration file. Then, this file should take care of the ISA
configuration on boot time.

Maybe you can find it on http://www.mandrakeuser.org on the Docs section. Or
try at http://ibiblio.org at the Linux Documentation Project section.

>So I'm in the process of reloading my Mandrake system, especially since my
>hardware has changed (upgraded my Video card as well to a Matrox g450 (not
>precisely sure about model no., but it was reviewed in Linux Format
>magazine

Mmmmm, hardrake from the command line (init 3) should be able to handle
this. I remember when I switched my mobo & CPU & RAM. Linux booted, adjusted
a few parameters and worked first time. Back then (P200MMX era) I still had
Windows and, well, it was not pretty at all.

>(a great Linux magazine--If anyone knows any other local source for this
>magazine which comes with great CD's every month, I'd love to hear about
>it.

Have you tried Barns & Noble ?

Salut,
Sinner