[TriLUG] slightly offtopic but good question

acoliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 30 12:28:14 EST 2001

Its that time of year again.. . Yes the time when we think of fixing things
that are broken.  For some this is a spiritual quest.  For some, it means
improving their relationship with a loved one.  Others find a mission for
helping others in their community.

I too am affected in my own unique way.  I've got a Toshiba laptop thats
been broken somewhat for about three months, the only thing broken is the
keyboard.  (Mental note, don't drink coffee while working on your laptop
around the kids once they reach infancy because coffee+keyboard=Windows 95)
I cracked that puppy open to find that the keyboard is a modular and
replacable part, the problem is that its not something I can stop off at
best buy or intrex and grab.  I've got a Sattellite 2065CDS (I think, I'm at
work but I'm pretty sure thats the model).  Any ideas on how I could procure
a replacement keyboard (that doesn't involve me knowing the part number up
front)?  I think I could do this myself (its just attached via a ribbon
cable)?

How is this only slightly offtopic?  Why the laptop runs linux of course and
I'd like to put RH 7.2 on it before trying it on my desktop.

Thanks,

Andy