[TriLUG] RH7.2: Anyone seen this one yet?

Jos Purvis purvis at melete.org
Wed Oct 31 01:49:03 EST 2001

	This is driving me just slightly bonkers.  I had some odd problems
with my first install of RH7.2, so I redid it clean (formatted disk and all).
Now GNOME is behaving OK except for one thing:  it seems content to remember
any and all of my customized configurations (different background, fonts,
themes, etc.) EXCEPT anything I do to the panel itself.  I can change the
shape of the panel, move it around the screen, add/remove applications,
whatever all the live-long day, but as soon as I drop out of X and come back
in, there is the panel just as it was when I first logged in:  across the
bottom of the screen with the default set of applets.  Grr.
	Yes, I've tried checking the little button that says "Save my
settings" in the logout window--it saves everything else except my panel
changes.  I'm sure there's something not getting written out here, some file
that isn't getting changed properly, but for the life of me I don't know what
it is.  I've checked, and my user is the owner of all of the .??* files in his
directory, including under subdirectories.  Weird.

		--Jos Purvis

--
/  Jos Purvis (purvis at melete.org) ||  Yet Another Security Geek  \