[TriLUG] cheap big endian computer.

H Brett Bolen brettb at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 1 14:25:07 EST 2001

Does anybody have a suggestion on a cheap big endian computer that
can run linux?

I've seen dec multias on ebay for under 50 bucks.  isn't the alpha
a big endian computer?

I want to be able to boot linux and run some tests on a corba
compiler we are writing.  It doesn't have to be fast ( I'd like
X, but even telnet access would probably be fine), as long as
it runs gcc, boot linux, and has network access ( and cheap
too).

Has anybody gotten one of the cheap alpha or sparc boxes to run
linux?  How much memory is required for the os and an app or two.
How about an old Mac?

b\375
--
-- H Brett Bolen