[TriLUG] cheap big endian computer.

Andrew Perrin aperrin at email.unc.edu
Thu Nov 1 14:42:33 EST 2001

I've got an old Sparc IPC if you want it. It boots linux
(debian) fine. Its DRAM battery is gone, which means you either have to:

1.) Type an arcane series of numbers every time you boot up; or
2.) Buy a new DRAM (about $39).

I've got the box, with a new hard drive in it, keyboard, mouse, ethernet
transceiever (fat-ethernet to 10BaseT) and an adapter for the framebuffer
so you can display on a standard VGA-style monitor. I've also got debian
potato install disks for it, but you'll have to plug a SCSI CD-ROM into it
to boot them.  Make me an offer :)

ap

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin at unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA